The workshop is divided into 3 phases
How you’ll learn:
- Intensive workshop: The program is an intensive workshop designed to help participants create innovative solutions to meet the needs of tomorrow.
- Collaborative environment: Participants work in a collaborative environment with like-minded individuals, facilitating creative problem-solving.
- Experienced facilitators: The program is led by experienced facilitators who guide participants through the Design Thinking process and provide personalized feedback.
- Industry-focused: The program focuses on a range of industries to ensure that participants can create solutions that have a meaningful impact on society.
“After experiencing Future Center futurist training, [V] and [H] came back telling me amazing things they learned and the amazing people they met. I’ve seen them using what they learned in their day-to-day managing teams and stakeholders.
I highly recommend having a conversation to explore the opportunity to get the broader ONE leaders to benefit from Future Center’s innovative approach to leadership training.”
“The most eye-opening moment from this futurist sprint was that a good leader does not give all the answers but asks all the right questions.”
With Future Center, what’s different is that apart from the learnings from the theories and actual experiences with other people from various industries and countries, you also get to apply those futurist theories immediately.
What I also like about the approach is you have some time in the week to apply your learnings with direct reports of your choosing.
While we all came in with different goals and challenges, it was obvious that every person in leadership role experiences similar daily challenges that a futurist mindset aids in anticipating.
There’s a feeling of community because everyone is going through it and figuring their way out together.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should apply to become a member?
To be a good fit, we recommend that:
- You are a recently promoted manager (leading a team)
- You think broadly about your career and are not confined to a linear career path
- You have a deep desire to work on yourself
- You are excited about being both a mentor and a mentee, you believe in peer-to-peer learning and that everyone has something to offer
- You are eager to meet other learners in our growing community, support each other’s growth and build deep relationships that extend beyond Future Center
Are there any prerequisites to join this community?
To make the most of the course, we recommend that learners actively manage a team or be involved in project management. This can be in a formal or informal capacity, colocated or remote.
How does this differ from other think tanks or private clubs?
Most online programs focus on levelling your skills up (knowledge transfer) and covering business topics (accounting, business strategy, finance). They often don’t focus on you as an individual with the aim of helping you succeed at your job. Future Center is different as we focus on the following:
- Helping you develop as a people manager to champion your team’s success
- Creating a safe environment for people to come together and learn together
- Practices and challenges to supercharge your knowledge retention
What is the time commitment?
Between attending your workshops and giving peer feedback, you should expect to put in 4 to 5 hours a week.
- Weekly live sessions (up to 120 minutes)
- Up to 3 hours of work outside of the session
Can I participate from anywhere in the world?
Yes. Future Center Future Design Essentials Sprint will be run entirely remotely. This enables learners from all corners of the world to come together. We’ve been in the online education space for more than 5 years and have worked hard on mastering the playbook to build remote communities and learning.
Post-COVID, we’ll return to organising offline events to help our community foster stronger in-person relationships, but the Sprints will remain a remote-first experience.
Are there any books you can recommend?